Saturday 12 December 2009

Every cents count...

I was at work today when my staff asked me to come to the till to do a refund for an old lady because we charged her the wrong price for an item that she bought.
"OK we charged her $18.99 for it, how much should it be?"
"Erm $18.94" my staff answered.
"How much??"
" $18.94, I'll go check again. Yes, $18.94"
So I did a 5 cents refund for the lady and apologized. She left the shop happily.

Well, we did find it quite funny at first, why bother coming back for a 5 cents refund?
But seriously... 5 cents might seems small but it still has it's value.
Who knows she might be short of that 5 cents to buy her favourite 50 cents soft cone at McD later...

Anyway, she reminded me again that every cents count... no matter how small they are.
That 5 cents might come in handy when you really need it one day.

And of course, we have to fix our pricing too! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment